E3's Green Suppliers Network
Striving for sustainability is no longer simply an option for manufacturers—it is a survival skill in a green global marketplace. Manufacturers located outside E3 communities and those wishing to target their supply chains can turn to the E3's Green Suppliers Network. Now a component of the E3 framework*, the Green Suppliers Network helps manufacturers and supply chains nationwide enhance competitiveness, reduce cost, and improve performance.
For each manufacturing facility, the Green Suppliers Network team conducts a customized technical assessment of production processes to help the manufacturer reduce waste and operate more efficiently.
For manufacturers looking to bring the Green Suppliers Network to their supply chain, participating can:
- Strengthen suppliers' ability to respond to needs.
- Share priorities and issues with suppliers.
- Improve the overall quality of products.
- Reduce the cumulative carbon footprint of products.
An individual manufacturing facility undergoing a Green Suppliers Network assessment can:
- Achieve additional savings and efficiencies beyond traditional lean techniques by addressing energy efficiency and environmental performance.
- Find customized solutions by identifying the root causes of waste and inefficiency.
- Save money and increase capacity.
- See immediate results through hands-on training on the shop floor.
- Stay competitive and profitable while reducing impacts on the environment.
Ready to join the Green Suppliers Network? Join now!
Looking for information targeted to manufacturing supply chains and manufacturers? Just look for the logo throughout this website.*The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the U.S. Department of Commerce's National Institute of Standards and Technology Manufacturing Extension Partnership (NIST MEP) established the Green Suppliers Network in 2003. Now integrated into the E3 framework, participants in the Green Suppliers Network now have access to resources not previously available.